Monday, January 29, 2007

Arts: Film: Seraphim Falls

Seraphim Falls. Directed by David Von Ancken. Starring Liam Neeson and Pierce Brosnan.

By Courtney Nichols

The longest 115 minutes of my life, Seraphim Falls has earned itself a spot in my own personal hell, screening repeatedly alongside the nauseating Charlize and Keanu nightmare, Sweet November, for all eternity. Starring Liam Neeson and Pierce Brosnan, Falls is set during the post-Civil War years and focuses on two dueling men as they struggle through snow, heat and horse innards. Unfortunately, the script neither makes you love or hate the characters, so eventually you couldn't care less if they live or die. Only ten minutes into the movie, I fell asleep and was woken up by one of the many unneeded Brosnan grunts. However, thanks to my friend's attentiveness, I was informed that during the hour I was asleep, absolutely nothing developed in the plot.

Rating: I would rather re-live the Civil War than watch this movie again

No comments: